To ALL VSB Employees:
This email is in follow-up to my May 3, 2021 email describing the latest vaccination opportunity for all VSB employees.
On May 3, 2021 the registration and booking system used by VCH for the K-12 employees vaccination program changed over to the provincial vaccination booking system. In migrating to this provincial system some technical challenges were encountered and reported. I would like to acknowledge that these challenges have been frustrating to many, and share that your patience has been appreciated.
Attached is a Registration and Booking Tips sheet that should assist those who thus far have not been able to book, to now book their vaccination appointment as a frontline worker in K-12.
IMPORTANT: Do not share the attached Tips sheet, booking link, or access code within anyone; doing this will result in a delay in other eligible employees receiving their vaccinations.
Every VSB employee is eligible for this current vaccination initiative, provided:
- This is their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
- They are not currently on leave from the District. This program is intended for front-line K-12 staff currently working and is not open to individuals on leave.
- They are not currently ill or self-isolating as per public health instructions. (Staff unable to attend due to being ill/self-isolating can attend an upcoming clinic.)
In addition to employees at the schools receiving this notice, the following individuals can also sign up for this vaccination opportunity:
- Post-secondary students currently doing a practicum at your school.
- All childcare/daycare staff who work at programs located on the school site.
- Long-term on-call or itinerant employees (on assignment at the school at least 1 week at the time of this notice).
- Any staff from partner agencies who currently work in the identified schools 5 days/week. If they work any less than this, they must not be included in this K-12 vaccine initiative. Letters from school principals will be provided for eligible workers.
- Any bus drivers who serve your school community.
- Any staff at schools that were previously identified as being in a community with elevated risk and who were unable to book a vaccination appointment previously. Again, this is a first dose only program.
Please do not delay booking your appointment as these appointments will book very quickly and are open to all schools across the VCH region.
Note: You will need to bring the following with you to your appointment:
- A driver’s license or a piece of government issued identification;
- Personal Health Number/BC Services Card, if you have one; and
- A copy of your paystub/pay advice to confirm you are employed at the VSB. Without this documentation, employees will be turned away and valuable appointments wasted.
* Please see the attached pdf explaining how to access your pay advice.
* Anyone eligible who does not have a pay advice (i.e. onsite childcare staff, practicum student) should contact the school principal who can provide a letter for presentation at the clinic.
Should you follow these instructions and again encounter issues registering or booking your appointment, please call 1-833-838-2323. Alternatively, please contact your school administrator.
Collette O’Reilly, MSc, CRSP, CRM Director Risk Management – Safety and Compliance Employee Services
Vancouver School Board
1580 West Broadway Vancouver BC V6J 5K8 phone: 604-713-5672 fax: 604-713-5276