Local 15 offers many additional services to its members. Some of these include:
- Education bursaries to members and their dependants
- Benefits continuance
- Financial assistance during labour disputes
- Comprehensive training programs for shop stewards and activists
- Social events
- Monthly newsletter
- Monthly membership meetings
Benefits Paid for Members
Our Vancouver Municipal, Education and Community Workers’ Society will pay up to six months of benefits for members unable to work due to illness or injury. To see if you qualify click here to read the policy. The Application for Benefits Continuance is here.
Good and Welfare
Call the Union office, 604-879-4671 to let us know about a co-worker who has had a new baby or is seriously ill. We can send flowers or a fruit basket on behalf of CUPE Local 15. See the policy below:
10.4.1 Remembrances and Condolences
Upon it being called to the attention of the Society, the Society shall provide as follows:
- Death of a member or retired member – The society shall send flowers to the funeral or, on the request of the member’s family, make a donation to a specified charity. The costs shall not exceed $75.
- Seriously ill or injured member – The society shall send flowers or a fruit basket, or, if the member is in hospital rent a television for the member’s hospital room, or, if sick and home from work for a period over 2 weeks, as requested by the ill member or the member calling the situation to the attention of the Society. The costs shall not exceed $75.
- CPI adjustments will be made to the above costs when necessary.
- The society shall send cards of condolence to CUPE Local 15 members when the office is notified of a death in the family.
- The Society shall send flowers or a fruit basket when the office is notified of a death in the immediate family (family members living in the household and grandparents and guardians). The cost shall not exceed $75.
Upon it being called to the attention of the society, the society shall send flowers or a fruit basket to CUPE Local 15 members with new babies. The costs shall not exceed $75.