Sent on behalf of Collette O’Reilly, Director Risk Management, Vancouver School District
To All VSB Employees,
Attached is an important letter from VCH announcing the next phase of the K-12 vaccination campaign.
During this phase, 17,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine is available to all staff who work in K-12 in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Every single employee of the Vancouver School Board regardless of role or location is eligible for vaccination provided:
- This is your first dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
- You are 30 years of age or older.
- You are not currently on leave from the District. This is for front-line K-12 staff currently working and is not open to individuals on leave.
- You are not currently ill or self-isolating as per public health instructions.
Again, this vaccination opportunity is open to all District employees currently not on leave including school based and non-school based staff.
In addition to employees of District, the following individuals (age 30 and over and eligible – see above) can sign up for vaccination as part of this K-12 program:
- All post-secondary students currently doing a practicum at a District school.
- All childcare/daycare staff who work at programs located within a VSB school.
- All staff at schools already identified for vaccination that were unable to book an appointment previously.
Please do not delay booking your appointment as these appointments will book very quickly and are open to all schools and districts in the VCH region.
If you have any questions after reading the attached letter, please ask your school administrator or supervisor.